The Movies – PC
Imagine you could make any movie you wanted to. Imagine you could pluck someone from obscurity and turn them into a superstar. Imagine you had control of an entire movie studio, competing with other studios to create box office hits and predicting what audiences want—from epic action films to campy B-movies. With The Movies, you
Imagine you could make any movie you wanted to. Imagine you could pluck someone from obscurity and turn them into a superstar. Imagine you had control of an entire movie studio, competing with other studios to create box office hits and predicting what audiences want—from epic action films to campy B-movies. With The Movies, you can make it big in Hollywood by building the ultimate movie studio and shooting the ultimate picture. Choose a script and turn it into a major release. Pick or create actors and locations. Control budgets, build sets, hire and fire at will, settle into the director’s chair and film a hit. Customize unique movies within the game, then watch and review them, adding your very own voiceover or sound effects and saving them to your hard drive. E-mail your masterpieces to friends, upload them to the web or post them on The Movies’ official site for the world to see and vote on in online awards ceremonies. Just as you can create or modify unique films, you can create or modify actors, customizing their look and renaming them to resemble anyone you wish. You can even replicate every movie star currently in Hollywood and remake all your favorite films with them. Anything you’ve ever read about Hollywood—from starlet scandals to broken box office records—is right here in The Movies.
Imagine you could make any movie you wanted to. Imagine you could pluck someone from obscurity and make him or her the hottest star in Tinseltown. Imagine that you had control of an entire movie studio, competing with others to create a string of box office smashes. Imagine being able to use your judgement alone, deciding whether success lies with epic action pictures or lots of low budget, hammy ‘B’ movies.
Will the stars you’ve so lovingly groomed develop monstrous egos – refusing to accept that they are now too old to play the romantic leads that made them famous? You can help, but there are only so many times you can send them to fat farms and plastic surgeons.
Will you watch your movies being shot or do you want to direct the action yourself? Will you decide to innovate and introduce the talkies, color or digital sound before any of your rivals? Or will you let the other studios make the investments, leaving you to jump on the bandwagon if the new technology becomes popular?
Many of the things you’ve ever read or heard about Hollywood are right here in The Movies – from stars having affairs and hitting the bottle to teams of genius filmmakers creating the box office hit of the year. Movie mogul, talent spotter or film director. You can be one or you can be all three. That’s the magic of The Movies.
- Design your own studio and run it from the early days of cinema through present day and beyond in Story Mode by managing studio resources, investing in RD and maximizing box office success
- Make your own movies – Make movies that appeal to the masses in Story Mode or in Sandbox Mode you can jump into any era and create your dream movie.
- Control the destiny of your cast and crew – Fire and hire them, turn unknowns into movie stars, and take full creative control over script selection and the content of the movies you’ll create.
- More than 30 hours of continuous gameplay, thousands of exciting movie characters, and limitless options allow you to vary just about everything
- Show the world your talents – Post your movies to the web for all to see.